Ever wonder where a blogger goes when their blog site goes silent? What has distracted them to the point they are no longer posting?
In my case, my blog fell silent for several months because of a tragic automobile accident with my middle child, Daniel. January of this year, I witnessed a drunk driver strike my 13 year old, nearly killing him. The drunk driver was running from California Highway Patrol in a residential neighborhood and traveling 77 miles per hour at impact. Daniel spent a little under a month in ICU and I spent days and nights by his hospital bed. In the first few nights of his hospital stay, we didn’t know if he would make it. Once we knew he would survive, we were then faced with not knowing whether Daniel would be able to walk again. Needless to say, I was not inspired to write a check or even a Facebook post, let alone a blog post, as I was traumatized and emotionally spent.
Through the highs and lows of first thinking I was going to lose my son, to his miraculous recovery, and the turmoil that is continuing to unfold with the legal wrangling, I witnessed so many miracles – daily (more to come on those beautiful miracles!). These miracles reminded me in my darkest hours that God was still there, guiding my every step. Many days I had to lean on God moment to moment, because I had little else to lean on to. God showed his loving ways through loved ones and strangers and I am forever grateful for those angels (and there were so many beautiful angels from my town!) who showed me love when hate could have easily enveloped my heart.
When Daniel was released, I became his nurse and caregiver, a role I was thrown into by circumstance, but one I was grateful to be in. I connected with my son in a way that will forever bind us both, as he had to rely on me for everything.
While I was away, I still tried to stay in writing practice by putting small notes into a journal, spending precious time with and loving on my three kids like I never had before. My family’s life as we knew it had turned completely upside down – which made me reevaluate what was really important in my life.
To all of my followers and readers – I’m sorry I was gone for too long without any explanation. Thank you to those who continued to stop by my blog during this very trying time.
What’s to come on AbundantLifeInitiative.com and KimberlyJoCooley.com (launching soon!):
- More inspirational posts on Abundant~Life~Initiative and the invitation to contribute to the blog is still open.
- Inspirational Podcast and Book Recommendations.
- Video and Live Streaming – I am being spiritually called to share my face and my voice with the world.
- My new blog site, https://kimberlyjocooley.com/ is my personal blog that will delve more into my personal writer’s life and the behind the scenes of Abundant~Life~Initiative (the discoveries and frustrations that are often left out of the abundantlifeinitiative.com blog posts). I will also list my own tools and tricks for managing a full work and family life, while blogging and writing along the way.
- Kimberly*Jo*Cooley is my gift to myself – it’s been so long since I’ve focused on my writing. Now is the time. An official launch of Kimberly*Jo*Cooley will be coming very soon!
I look forward to getting reconnected with my blogging community and getting back to my creative roots of writing. It’s been entirely too long since we’ve last connected and I’ve missed you all.
Many blessings to all of you!
~Your Curator of All Things Inspirational, Kimberly Jo Cooley