Monday, February 10, 2014 Shout Outs:
My Shout Outs go to: Me! I exercised patience, persistence and peace when my plans for a birthday lunch fell through. I found a way to stay in the flow of life and to remain in alignment with my Greater Self, which is a birthday gift in and of itself. I did not allow my present circumstances to knock me off course or take my peace and happiness away.
- I planned a birthday lunch for myself at one of my favorite crab eateries with my parents, sister, niece, daughter, son, husband and a couple of girl friends.
- A rain storm blew in, so my husband and daughter stayed home.
- My dad called in sick and my mom wasn’t going to get out in the storm.
- My sister wanted to still go, but no sense in having her drive 30 minutes to the south side of town.
- I went on my own to church and fantasized about crab all through the sermon. I left church and headed to The Boiling Crab, for a take out order.
- I got to the counter, and realized my wallet was not with me.
- I forgot my wallet when I changed purses (wondered why my purse was so light!).
- The cashier and the manager refused to have my son text me a picture of my driver’s license or to call in an order over the phone – something to do with a lot of fraud in the area, etc.
- I had my mouth and heart set on some crab. The old, younger me, would have raised holy hell. The newer, wiser, older me, was determined not to get out of my flow.
- I went home, regrouped, ate a delicious sandwich, loaded up my iPod with my favorite radio host’s podcast and headed back to Boiling Crab.
- I got my spicy sauced crab and shrimp (the Whole Shebang-mild flavor is to die for!).
- I headed home, but first dropped off some crab to my dad’s and swung by the grocery store for a bottle of wine.
- I set up my collection of crab eating utensils and toasted the occasion.
- I ate until I burst.
- I watched the season premier of Walking Dead. I fell asleep a happy woman.
Sacramento’s Boiling Crab. This is how good this crab is: I knew all I wanted to do for my birthday was eat crab from The Boiling Crab.
~Your Curator of all things Inspirational, Kimberly Jo Cooley
2 thoughts on “Shout Outs: Happy Birthday to Me!”
Happy birthday! Those crabs look delish!
Thank you! They were very good ;-).